Porkuni manor

In 1479, a manor (stronghold) of the Bishop of Tallinn (Reval) was established on an island in Lake Porkuni. Only the gate tower has been preserved, which accommodates the Paemuuseum (the Limestone Museum). Later, the manor was associated with the von Tiesenhausens, von Ungern-Sternbergs, von Essens and the Edler von Rennenkampffs. In the stylish Historicist main building, completed in 1874, there is a school for people with impaired hearing.

Visit also: http://www.mois.ee/english/viru/porkuni.shtml